AutoCAD Inventor :: Provide Buttons On Toolbars For Object Visibility
Feb 11, 2004
1. Why is it when I do a 3D sketch, make the sweep, then "Return" I always get a constraint error? It tells me that I made a constraint to geometry which is no longer available. The geometry IS available. I always have to delete the constraints just to move on. I'm sure it has something to do with the planes or axis I created while doing my 3D sketch.
2. Why does Adaptively equal inefficiency? The more I use it the more I have to fix those darn cross-part association failures. It takes less time to not use adaptively and use the "old fashion way". adaptively rarely, if ever, works correctly with sheet metal parts. I say again - Junk.
3. Would it be so difficult to give us buttons for standard views on our tool bars? You know, like AutoCAD - which I'm sure you have heard of by now. An XY, YZ, XZ, button is all I ask for. You went to the trouble to give us RMB Isometric view but stopped there.
4. Is it too much to ask to provide buttons on the toolbars for Object Visibility? Why make me go through the View, Object Visibility menu three times in a row to turn off User Axis, User Work Planes, and User Work points. It will be six times in a row if you need to turn off the other stuff. Heck, at least make the darn menu tree stay open until I've selected multiple objects to turn on or off.
I am having trouble editing existing imported toolbars. Also, I cannot retrieve my custom toolbars into 2012. When I convert older menus (mnu) into 2012 the tool bars all have question marks on them, and my custom toolbars are not listed. I cannot go into CUI customization and click on a button to edit it's command and or icon. The older version of cad is not on my new system so I cannot use the migration tool.
how to Run Commands Using the API. And he also shows API can provide one sets of input to the command.
In my case, the Inventor command "analyze interference" need two sets of inputs. I tried to feed the commands with two selectset input throght API (see attached code). But the command looks like only take one set of them.So the behavior is not what I want.
So if it is possible, how to provide 2 set of pre-defined input to inventor commands throught API?
I have tube that has been generated on frame generator and notched to run into the side of another tube.
Is there anyway of unfolding the tube to provide a flat profile.
What i ultimately want to do is print the flat pattern off at 1:1 scale, cut it out and wrap it around the actual steel tube to be able to trace the profile onto the tube so i can cut the profile roughly before offering the two tubes together.
Can I use ice to manipulate the visibility of an object? example; a particle enters an object and causes it to become visible but once the particle leaves the object the object disappears. Ive tried using test methods like test inside geometry, but I cant find the attribute to flag the view visibility as true or false. Been beating myself up for a couple days now I have drug the misc. visibility attributes from the explorer into ice but I cant flag them on or off.
I want to animate a cut-away of a house. Slice the corner off it so we can see into the rooms.
If I make the outer shell of the house as a single object, I could boolean it with a moving box to have the cutaway appear.
I'd rather build it from bricks, and have them disappear when my moving 'cutaway' box intersects them. It should leave a nice jagged brick-edged hole.
So - is there any way to have an object's visibility switch to 0 automatically if the object is contained in another (unrenderable) object?
(There are so many things I'd use this for. If you want lots of objects to appear in sequence, like a long row of dominoes, there's gotta be a quick way of having them pop into existence, rather than custom scripting or manually staggering keys in dope/track view)
I have created a model containing three interlocking parts. I now need to do a version showing one of the parts with the other two parts ghosted in.
I changed the object visibility of the two I need to show ghosted to 0.3. When I do this the part is see through and shows all the hidden detail at the back of the part.
Is there a way I can ghost the other two parts in but not show what is going on behind them? I tried all the settings in object visibility but nothing seems to work? Is there another way to achieve faded parts?
Have a question regarding multiple daylight subassemblies, don't know if it is possible. So I have an assembly with a trench SA in cut condition and a project to surface in fill condition, I built the corridor with this assembly and most of things look fine. However, there is a short stretch (in cut condition) of the corridor that I would like to modify such that a trench is not provided. I know I can create a new assembly with my desire condition, then create a new region and drop that assembly there, but I am wondering if there any other way to achieve my goal without another assembly.
A customer has a problem with the add-in of Vault in Inventor. Log In and Log Out options are lost as shown in the picture. The machine already formatted and installed applications again but the problem continues.
I have just installed Inventor 2013. How can I fix the UI Ribbon cutting off button text? I have attached a photo demonstrating the problem. I cropped the screen shot to only show the ribbon to cut down on excessive image size.
I purchased an Inland rf 5 button mouse to use for the F4 rotate and F5 view return. The three programmable buttons work in LT and other programs, but not in inventor 5.3. Is there a setting I am missing? I have the latest driver for the mouse installed and as I said it works well in other software.
The mouse vendor says it's Inventor, not the mouse.
i am having so much trouble getting my photo book order. It is all don't and ready to be ordered. When it is done preparing for order i get a online service error 3:OLS refused to provide a preview for file.
While making a drawing and there is something which I want to turn visibilty of for a while, I will select from a sub-menu "Visibility" (see the attachment) But what I must do if I want to turn the visibility on again for example to that hole shown in screen shot?
1. created a turbine whose blades are made from some planes that I applied thicken offset command. I applied circular pattern to multiply the blade around center point but i get too many planes and i must to make invisible each one. How can i make invisible all planes in the same time.
2. After i make them invisibile i exit from that part but when i start that part again or when i place it in an assembly all planes are visible. What should i do to make them invisible for ever.
I sometimes edit parts in assemblies. When I turn sketch visibility on or off it does not stay the way I left it. I should be able to edit a part in part view or assembly and the view setting off or on should be how it was last saved. If I saved an ipt with the vision it should be on in any & all assemblies it lives in but its not. I have noticed the difference in new version 2012 - 2011 was no problem.
Somehow my top level assembly shows the UCS triads for hundreads of my parts (but not all of them). I know I didn't turn the visibility of all these UCS triads on manually. Now I cannot get them to turn off.
When I toggle the visibility status of a few and save the file they come back when the file is reopened.
Note, they are NOT visibile in their respective part files, just in my top level assembly.